What Are Solar Screens And How Do They Work?
Solar Screens are the most effective window treatments that you can apply to your home for lowering energy bills by stopping the heat transfer through your windows and doors while still maintaining your view. Solar Screens are exterior full length screens that cover the entire glass of your windows and doors.
Solar Screens work in three different ways:
- Shading Co-efficiency – the amount of shade created between the solar screen and exterior pane of glass.
- Reflectivity – reflecting the direct sun’s rays of light off of the screen, not letting the heat touch the glass.
- Absorption – the heat that is absorbed and held into the screen material itself and then dispersed back into the air away from the glass.
Instant Relief from the Suns Heat. Keep your house cooler by eliminating up to 90% of the suns heat from coming through your windows. We use only quality proven solar screens manufactured from Phifer SunTex. Our solar screens will protect your valued interior against fading and sun damage. They provide daytime privacy, but allow you to see out.
What Are Some Benefits Of Solar Screens
American Sun Screens provide several options allowing the homeowner to coordinate with their home design. Reduce your energy cost, increase privacy while improving the curb appeal of your home. Houston Solar Screens protect your home and save on A/C electric costs by blocking solar heat gain and UV rays before they enter through your windows.
The image above shows windows with brown SunTex installed. In midsummer as much as 230 BTUs can fall on each unprotected square foot of glass.
With SunTex installed, up to 90% of the suns heat and glare is reflected, absorbed and dissipated before it strikes the window. What are the bonus benefits of having Phifer SunTex solar screens on your home? Below is a list.
- Protects against fading and sun rot.
- Provides daytime privacy.
- Lets in soft light and breezes.
- Reduces glare.
- Affords full vision from inside with daytime privacy from outside.
According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, stopping the sun from hitting the window is up to seven times more effective for reducing heat than using curtains, blinds or window film. Fortunately, there is a simple and nice-looking way to accomplish this task: solar screens. Solar screens go on the outside of your windows, where they block up to 90% of the sun’s rays from getting into your house. This allows your air conditioner to work less and save you up to 30% on your cooling costs.
Free Houston Sun Screen Estimates!
Because pricing varies and depends on sizes, shape, type of screen, and total number of windows to be covered, measurements must be taken in person before an accurate estimate can be given. However all estimates are free and can be given within a day or two. If you would like to receive a free estimate for your property, please call today to schedule an appointment with one of our sales representatives.
Call today! (832) 617-5700
We strongly recommend you have the exterior of your windows professionally cleaned prior to installing sunscreens to avoid trapping dirt between the window and screen. We offer this service and can give you a price when we evaluate your project.
10 Screen Order Minimum On Any Screen Installation.
Phifer SunTex Screen Options
- Phifer Suntex 80 and 90 grade available in an array of colors. Excellent for use on Windows, Doors and Porches for Houston Homes.
- Saves up to 30% on your Energy Costs for Houston Homes
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Owner Supervised Installation of Solar Screens
- 10 – Year Warranty